Executive sponsor: Des Burke
Market lead: Paul Greensmith, AXA XL
Business owner: Des Burke
Workstream lead: Peter Savage
What is it?
The Future at Lloyd’s technology will enable the creation of a modern, digital, easy-to-access marketplace, improving market and customer experience, driving innovation, and ensuring the seamless flow of information across the end-to-end value chain.
Learn about the work we have been doing since we published Blueprint One on 30 September 2019.
How we will
deliver Phase I
The technology workstream will follow a combination of Agile and traditional approaches across the workstreams. Agile delivery will be used in the design and build of core components (e.g. the shared data platform, APIs) where requirements will continue to evolve. A traditional approach will be used for workstreams with stable requirements (e.g. tax calculator, sanctions checks).
How technology will create value for stakeholders
- Simpler process for uploading information
- Access to a greater choice
- Faster interaction with the
- Ability to transact electronically with syndicates
- Improved understanding of customer needs through user-centric experience
- Reduced bordereaux and regulatory reporting through automation
- Improved data quality through data enrichment and validation
Core technology components that will
be delivered to support
the workstream pilots
- First build of the shared data platform to support the pilots
- System-to-system integration for market participants (API gateway and APIs)
- Security framework and standards needed for Phase I
- Single Sign-On, to simplify the user experience while improving security
- Test automation, providing improved quality assurance and enabling a faster pace of change
- Cloud-hosted environments for development, testing and run, enabling faster set-up and expansion
- Reporting and market intelligence capabilities, as needed for the pilots